2 Corinthians 10:3-4
3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
If we’re going to truly demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against our knowledge of God, then we must be ready for the work required to take our thoughts and make them obedient to Christ.
There are a few ways to identify your stronghold:
- What ‘thing’ or ‘thought’ has gotten so big in your life that it has somehow exceeded your knowledge of God.
- Think about what you’re thinking about? Is it the what-if’s? Or the if I had only knowns?
- What consumes your thoughts right now, is it the past or the future?
Satan is very strategic. If he can keep us in a place of distraction then we are powerless. Living life hiding from things that scare us, intimidate us, or distract us from the life God has called us to is a stronghold. Here are a few examples I am hearing from you all right now:
- I want to lose weight or be healthier but when I am stressed or lonely, I turn to foods that aren’t good for me.
- My relationship isn’t where it used to be with my husband, what if he_____??
- When I turn on the news, my heart starts to beat fast and I can’t think of anything but war, poverty, and uncertainty.
- I am depressed and anxious, will I ever get the old me back?
- My heart and mind is filled with resentment and bitterness will this ever stop?
- The news that I just received leaves me feeling hopeless and broken.
- Life is just too overwhelming..
- I’m tired and I just don’t have any fight left in me.
God has given us a remedy. It’s not easy though. It will take daily work and most days it will be a violent fight. It takes dedication, consistency, and preparation for situations that will require us to be ready for battle. Below you will find a PDF. Download it, print it off, cut out each Scripture, hang it by your mirror, put them in your purse, write them on your hand for goodness sake! DO the HARD WORK! Jesus is so worthy! The bonus here.. you’ll get your mind back, your peace back, and you’ll be strong again.
The Live Strong Ministries Team